Some people call this Memorial Weekend -- but for me it has been memory weekend. I want to remember the times I have had with those special people who have served in our Unites States Armed Forces throughout the years. Some came home and some did not. Thankfully, in my family, all have come home.
Serving impacts families in many ways -- most people do not know or understand. There is a sacrifice made by those who serve and their families. I thank my uncle Don and Hobart; my brothers, Hobert and Sammy; my nephews Scott and Joshuah; my cousin Rick; my father and mother-in-law, Edward and DonElda; Ed's nephew, Micheal; and most of all my daddy, Francis. From WWII, the Korean Conflict, Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan -- serving and fighting across the world for our freedom.
Families separated; moving from place to place; leaving friends and family over and over. Anxiety, loneliness, and fear. Nightmares and stress.
This is the day to remember and honor the service of our armed forces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment